Teachers and staff of the child development center of Bhimdatta municipality staged a demonstration after they did not get any increment in salary provided by the government. The demonstrators have staged a sit-in as well in the municipal office demanding an increment in the salary.
Mahananda Pandey, an employee of the school, informed that they had to stage a demonstration after the federal government repeatedly informed the municipal office to provide the increased salary but it was not implemented.
Due to the demonstration teaching of the school and the functioning of the municipality has been affected. In the current fiscal year 2078/07, the then government had announced to increase the monthly salary of child development teachers, school office assistants to Rs.15,000 and the monthly salary of accounting staff to Rs.20,200. For that, 60 percent of the amount was to be added by the federal government and the remaining 40 percent by the local level. Correspondence was also sent to the local level for that.
|Violent / Non-violent
|Labor disputes, not including civil servants
|Actor 1 - Number of people
|Actor 1 - Affiliations
|Education sector/teachers (private and public)
|Actor 1 - Youth
|Actor 2 - Number of people
|Actor 2 - Affiliation (Target)
|Local authorities (incl VDC, district, gov. line agencies at local level except education and health)
|Actor 2 - Youth